0779 260 6358
Our aim is simple – to share our passion for Indian cooking with you at our Indian cooking school, and to provide you with the confidence, knowledge and lifetime skills, that will inspire you to cook healthy authentic Indian food.
At our Indian cooking school, you will be introduced to not only simply cooking the Indian food that you might find in your local Indian restaurant or takeaway, but also cooking the Indian regional dishes and street food and snacks, traditional home cooked food, and East African influenced Indian cuisine that you might encounter in some Indian home environments. You will find out how fresh healthy and nutritious food, can be cooked in a very short time in what for many people is a rapidly decreasing amount of “me” time, at a fraction of the cost, and using recipes that are quick and easy to follow. Dispelling the notion that Indian food is time consuming to prepare, and requires long lists of unusual ingredients.
You will also acquire an understanding at our Indian cooking school of how the spices and herbs blend together, find out how and from where the dishes you prepare were created, and the influences on those dishes by the Moguls in the north of India, tribal and Anglo-Indians in the east, Syrian Jews and French traders in the south, and the Portuguese and the Persians (Parsis) in the west. You will undoubtedly be well equipped to impress your family members, friends, and work colleagues, with your new found knowledge of the roots of Indian food.
Having attended our Indian cooking school, and depending on the number of courses you complete, you will also gain a better understanding and knowledge about the following areas:-
• Knowing the spices and herbs that are used in Indian cooking, and understanding how to use then properly.
• The health benefits associated with the spices used in Indian cookery.
• How to incorporate and use Indian spices in other cuisines. (e.g. Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Italian, and English)
• The use of a wide range of ingredients, including all vegetables and salads, beans and pulses, fish and shellfish, meats, rice and wheat.
• A whole array of vegetarian and vegan dishes.
• Different cooking methods and processes.
• How to incorporate a healthy balanced diet in your daily meals.
• Understanding correct portion sizes.
• Your daily allowable limits of sugar, salt, and fat.
• Cooking on a budget.
• Lifelong health from the food you eat.
• Healing foods for your mind and body.
• Super foods for their exceptional nutritional value, and special properties to combat many common and major diseases.
Please explore this website to find out more about what we provide at our Indian cooking school, how we provide it, and how you will benefit from choosing the Indian Spice School. This idea of it takes too long to cook Indian dishes? Think again, and read on …
17,425 total views, 6 views today
© 2013 - 2017 The Indian Spice School. All Rights Reserved.